Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mission

Mission is a great local ridge located in the hills above Milpitas. It offers both ridge and thermal soaring. I had my intro (thanks Ben) a few months back and managed to get out again last month for a flight in the afternoon. I showed up plenty late, but fortunately so did Brian Foster and he took me on up to the top where the cloud base had been hovering just over launch. Eventually it creeped up over the peak and I had a great long flight with unlimited lift to the clouds.
above: Chris V racing North along the ridge trying to get that old T2 to keep up with my tricked out and learned U2;)
below: Some random shots... too bad there's no sound in still shots, you'd hear me whoopin and hollerin'! What a great day.

1 comment:

liulijian said...

Ryan,

Very nice pictures! Hope you don't mind I "steal" few to decorate my hanggliding story on this Chinese site:

http://www.mitbbs.com/article_t/SanFrancisco/31988038.html

Please let me know (liulijian@gmail.com) if you think I violate your copyright and I will remove the pictures immediately.

Fly High!

Lijian
liulijian@gmail.com